1/22/11

ILLUSTRATOR NEEDED!! READ!!

Ok, so something you may not know about me is that I'm a writer! It's my first love! Years before I fell in love with fashion, I was writing and winning little competitions. I've finished a number a short stories, one novel and I'm currently working on another novel and a book of fairy tales!








I'm really excited about the book of fairy tales which I'm going to self publish. The book will be unlike any you've seen before. I want it to look old and worn like it's been buried for centuries. So being the broke person that I am, I got brown paper bags (like the ones at grocery stores) and cut them into the exact size of paper. Now paper bags are a little thicker than paper so I gave it a test run through my printer prayer to the paper gods that it'd go through. Lo' and behold it did!! To top it all off I foud this amazing sight http://dafont.com/ which is like an archive of different fonts you can download. I found one that was both legible and whimsical and used it to print on my paper. What I got was totally awesome! It looks like I actually wrote the words myself! Check out a few pages!



They're unfinished of course which brings me to the main point of this post...I need an illustrator! If I could draw I'd totally do it myself but the kind of illustrations I need take skill. Here's an example of an amazing illustrator whose style and medium is exactly what I'm looking for. Her name is Taeeun Yoo and she's a childrens book author and illustrator! http://taeeunyoo.com/

I love her style! Everything looks moody but brings about a sense of nostalgia . I feel as if I'm looking at memories. That's what I want for my illustrations. Preferably someone really good with ink, b/c that's the medium I'm looking for. So if you're an illustrator and interested in helping me on my journey to finish this collection of short stories than send me a message with some of your artwork. I don't have much to pay right now but this would be a great project to put in a portfolio and if this takes off we'll both be making money! Lol:) so show me what you've got! Below is a link to another page of mine with excerpts from some of my stories. Feel free to check it out and comment on how you like it:)

No comments: